The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Friday, August 25, 2006

New Level - $19.25 to $38.5

I sold the VCR! I ended up getting $20 for it, so it was worth it in the long run. I did end up having to drive a bit to get the stuff (maybe 10 kms) and also drive a bit to sell it (19.5kms). I figure I should charge myself for gas since this isn't supposed to affect my real life money. This website indicates that my Toyota Corrolla should consume 5.5L/100km. Since the average cost of gas around my area is about $1.10/L, I should charge myself about 6c/km. But Since there is some wear and tear, as well as extra km's added to the car, I'll up this to 7c/km. I figure I went about 29.5km for this project, so I should charge myself $2.07 in gas. $1.32+$20-$2.07=$19.25

My strategy for this level will be to wait until I sell the tapes tonight. I'm supposed to be getting $30 for them, and they are coming to my place, so I won't have to charge myself gasoline! Yipee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home