The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

No Bites

Wow! I can't believe no one has jumped at the chance for $2 movies. I have had a few questions, but that's it. Maybe everyone is downloading thier movies, but still... Two bucks! I have tried all the sites I am used to using on my other blog, One Green Paper Flip. Maybe I should think about Ebay-ing them, although I'm not sure they'd make enough with the Ebay fees.

Here's an interesting post on Gerrard's website at Double Your Way to a Million. Maybe I should think about that, because I'm sure not creating value here. I'm just taking advantage of other people's difference in perceived value. I wonder what my "piping system" is? Well I have 62 cents to invest - scratch that... 63! I found a penny today at lunch. It's a good day. We'll see what I can think of for my 63 cents.

3 Comments:

Blogger richpeasant said...

My advice is to work locally until you get to at least a couple of dollars.

For the 63c you could create a document and sell it for at least twice as much. ie. "100 tips on...."

Then spend the money printing/photocopying it. This is just an example.

Just a note - If any money is found, it takes you past all the steps to that amount.

One of my 5 rules is that if I already own or find value, I can add that to the cost of the exchange. So if I found or owned, then sold a book (or ebook)I could add that to my cash amount.

The only thing I can't add is outside cash.

2:26 AM  
Blogger One Green-Paper Flip said...

Thanks for the tips therichmind, I'll have to think about what kind of documnet people will pay 61 cents for.

6:18 AM  
Blogger richpeasant said...

Rather than guess, just ask a friend. Maybe one or two friends. Prepare the document and do the deal. Ask before doing it and tell them what you are doing. Don't worry how seriously they take you. The main thing is to get the transaction, a fair exchange of values, done and move on.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home