The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Failed ebay and a slow VCR deal

Well,
I finally tried ebay-ing my spreadsheet. No luck. I ended up just trying to sell it as a CD with a note that people could save shipping fees if I e-mailed it. Now I have an e-mail from paypal telling me how to set up the digital download so I'm going to try it again like that. I had high hopes for this one and like many of my other ideas, they are getting dashed.

I also was working on a small deal with this VCR my friend had. It's an old one without a remote, but he said if I could sell it then we'd split the profits. I had a few bites, but one was only offering half of what I was asking (just $10... it's a crappy one after all). Well, he was offering $5, so I e-mailed one of the other ones. THEY never got back so i phoned the last person and agreed to meet in one week as they live out of town. Just 2 minutes after I set that up, the other person FINALLY calls me and I have to tell them it's sold. DOH! Oh well, at least I should be making $5 here.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home