The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A new revenue stream!

My neighbor has a jeep and keeps it in his one car garage. He found an AMAZING deal on a newer jeep and he asked if I would store it in my garage in exchange for snow shoveling all winter and $50 a month! Those of you in a snow covered region would probably do it for the snow shovelling alone and I would have too, but he offered $50 so I accepted. I debated with myself for a while as to whether this qualifies for the double-up experiment. Technically I probably would have done it anyways, so it wasn't actually something extra like it's supposed to be for the double-up process. I figure there was a 90% chance I would have done it anyways, but the double-up prospect pushed me to the 100 percentile. Therefore I figure that 10% of the money should go to double-up and 90% should go to my regular life. he paid me $10 for the last bit of December that he had his jeep in my garage, so that's a whopping $1 towards doubling and $5 per month after that until the spring. Hey, it's something! Actually, he's gotten off easy on the snow shovelling so far. He's only had to shovel it once so far. I guess it's like insurance. You don't WANT to get in a car accident, but if you do then you're covered.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home