The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I picked up some free golf clubs today that were listed on the local for sale board. I only had to go 4 km's out of my way, which translates into $0.40 in gas money. I'm sure I'll sell these for much more. The clubs are crappy but the bag is in good condition. I might make as much as $40 for the set. That's 100x my money!

I also forgot to subtract the Google Adwords advertising money - You know - the one that seems to be a waste for me. Well, not entirely true, since it seems one of my spreadsheet ads on google led to a sale, but that's it. All in all, I have to subtract $2.58 from my stake. I'll make much more than this on the clubs, but I'm going to wait a month or two before I do that. Not many people playing golf in negative 40 degree weather here in Canada.

Flip

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel. said...

Cool ! You play ice hockey :D

Down here, I watch fox news and marvel at all the incredible snow you guys get ! We only get it on the tops of the hills so I wish for snow every year !!

Good Luck,
Rachel.

http://doublingchallenge.blogspot.com

2:16 PM  
Blogger One Green-Paper Flip said...

Yep - I'm looking out my window at the fresh 15 cm's that fell last night. The funny thing is that you wish for snow and my wife wants us to move away from it. (It does make it a challenge to drive through every year).

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rachel. said...

You guys are so lucky !!

I grew up in Australia so snow is just magical when you've hardly ever had it :D (although I hear the "thaw" is less than magical !!)

Rachel.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home