The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mike's Money Making Mission!

I have been surfing around a bit and I came across a great site! Mike's Money Making Mission's aim is to try and earn money only using free blogs without any capital outlay. Not only is this a great read (i'm only 3/4 of the way through his posts - he posts almost every day), but a lot of this can be applied directly to the Double Challenge. I have so many things I want to try after reading Mike's blog. The first thing I realised is that he is focused on bringing visitors to his site and I was focused on trying to come up with good products before I think about worrying about the traffic. I think it says it all that he has made about $95 in AdSense in 20 weeks, but in slightly more time I have made a measly $1.80. Sure I have a nice financial spreadsheet, but how many people see the darn thing? I am spending money on google ads, when I should start by doing all the basic things to get yourself noticed that Mike mentions on his blog. I didn't even know that there were such things as blog directories. I know SOOOOOO little, but with Mike's help, I am learning fast. Kudos to Mike and his blog. The other thing I noticed was that he seemed to know exactly where all of his visitors were coming from. I had no idea how he did this, but it seems that there's a great site Extreme Tracking, where you can keep track of all kinds of things. I've already signed up so if you're reading this then I know how you clicked to this site! (probably) I'm off to finish catching up with Mike's blog. I'll be sure to mention all the tips I use.

Flip

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Well done with your project so far. I am in the vaery early stages of turning £1 into £1m. I was wondering whether you would consider swapping links? My blog is : http://turnonepoundintoonemillion.blogspot.com/ Thank you.

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home