The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Monday, August 06, 2007

A confession and a new resolution

It has been two months since my last post. The reason I have taken so long to post is because I was not sure what to write. I have a confession to make. I purchased some software with my Double Challenge money that cost more than the total amount of money I have. This is some really cool software called the Google Cash Detective that keeps track of other people's Google Adwords ads so that you can eventually, over time see which ads are working and which ads are not. This takes all of the guess work out of trying to select affiliate programs that are profitable and let's you go right for where the money is. This software cost me $432.31CAD (which was $397USD). At the time I only had $417.02, which means I shouldn't have been able to purchase it. I was able to purchase this software on the opening day and with a discount because I had previously purchased the Google Cash E-book. I havn't posted because I kept on changing my mind on how to handle this. At one point I thought that perhaps I would not make this a Double Challenge purchase, but that would not really be the truth. The goal of the Double Challenge is to make money in ways I never would have before without jeopordizing my real life's money. There is no way I would have bought this software if I was not doing the Double Challenge. If I used my real money for this then nothing would stop me from risking my real money in the future. Then I thought that perhaps I would pay $200 from the Double Challenge and loan the rest of the money from the "real me" at a nice interest rate. I really thought this is what I would do, but I just couldn't bring myself to write the post. I knew I was breaking the rules, so I couldn't go through with the post. I have decided that I have to pay for it using all Double Challenge money. This is the only way I will learn that I can't play games with this. If I want to get rich then I have to follow my rules. I now have a negative balance, but the fine folks at the Google Cash Detective have assured me that they will honour my refund request. I'll report back when I receive it and, if all goes well, I will finally be back where I was with my honour intact. From now on I will stick to the rules and get back to making money!

For what it is worth I can confirm that the Google Cash Detective does exactly what they say it does. It keeps track of ads displayed for different search keywords on the Google network. You get to find out without risking any more money, which ads are prospering (ie. there still there after a long time) and which ones aren't (ie. they are pulled because they aren't performing). This is an unbeliebably powerful tool once you learn how to use it and at an unbelievably low price given what it can do for you. They seem to be a very reputable company as they offer free coaching when you purchase thier software. I am not concerned about my refund. I am quite sure I will get it and will report back here when I do. Give it a try. If it doesn't work out then you can request a refund like I did. If you do purchase then it would be nice if you purchased through my link as I'm now an affiliate. Hey, might as well promote it since I like it and have actually seen it in action.

Sheepishly,
Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home