The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Friday, August 10, 2007

One Year Anniversary!

I just realised that yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of the Double Challenge. Yay! I have mixed feelings about my accomplishments. I think I did amazing in the first six months, but after that I haven't really done anything as far as making money goes. A big part of that is due to my workload at work going up significantly and that I am in the middle of building a house (not to mention, trying to get my own ready to sell). Work has died down a bit, but I am still in the middle of getting my house ready for sale. After I move then I am really hoping to get serious and try to make some dough. It's kind of funny that my total after a year is less than zero, but i really think my refund will come through (please?).

On the non-money front, I am very proud of myself. I learned A LOT about different things like how affiliate marketing works, some html, some marketing, bargaining skills and yes - how to make a blog. I even purchased my own domain name and have a sales page hosted on it. I was also hosting my Google Cash Detective database on it too, but that is now worthless (still waiting for my refund). One of the most important things I learned is to finish one project before you start another. Losing focus and spreading yourself too thin is one good way to not make any money. Focus, focus, focus... The other thing I learned is that sometimes the audience is more important than the product. Mike at Mikes Money Making Mission figured he would try making money from blogging. He started trying to get traffic and THEN started worrying about how to make the money. It seems to have worked like a charm for him. After 42 weeks he has made $2730 just from blogging. That's six times more than I have made in a year and his year isn't even over yet. It's all about the people. Because of this, I am going to really try and make sure I post every day (or every other day) and try to write good content. That way, when I finally DO have a product to promote (like the financial oriented e-book I am writing) I will have an audience ready to hear it. It makes so much sense.

Here's to a better second year to the Double Challenge. I KNOW it will be more successful than the first.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home