The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Gambling Pays off Again

I went to a poker game tonight with my friend. As always, 10% of my poker gambling is done with my Double Challenge money. There were 8 people with $5 buy ins. $25 to first place, $10 to second place and $5 to third place. I lost out in 6th place in game #1. I was doing very well when I made a dumb emotional move and moved all-in. The worst part is my opponent miscalculated his odds of calling, so he called and won. If he had done his math right (and realised he had a diamond instead of a heart), he wouldn't have called me. The second game I did a lot better. I was determined to not make any bonehead moves. I think I played this one a lot better and it showed as I was heads up at the end. I was slightly behind in chips and it was getting late, so I was happy to chop (ie. split the winnings.) We also had something called bounties, where if you are knocked out, then you give a dollar to the person who knocked you out. I collected two bounties and held on to my own, so after the two $5 entry fees and the $17.50 of winnings after the chop, and $2 from the bounties, I made $9.50, which means I made 95 cents for the Double Challenge. Now I can buy that boat I always wanted. LOL.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home