The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Competitive Advantage!

I have a competitive advantage. Apparently my house builder has a referral plan where if you refer someone to them and they buy a house, both parties get $500 cash. It's really $500 off the house you bought, so it is not treated like income. I referred a work mate of mine who is building a house with the same builder so come May 2008, the Double Challenge should be getting a nice fat cheque for $500! Now that's what I call doubling! This is such a windfall at my current level that I have taken out Google adwords ads trying to find other people I can refer. My ad sends them to a page where I recommend my builder and asks that if my webpage was a factor in thier purchase to please list me as thier reference. At $0.06 per click, only one in $8,333 people who click my ad need to take me up on it for me to break even. I think those are good odds. I've already received one click, so I have reduced my stake by 6 cents. Anyone want to build a house in Ottawa?

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home