The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Importance of Testing ALL possibilities

Wow! I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but the pictures on my Financial Tracker Salespage were not appearing, despite the fact that they appeared when I originally revamped it. Luckily I noticed it when I checked it at work. After some investigation that night, I realised that it was fine on Firefox, but not ok on Internet Explorer. It turns out I was missing a ">" on the lines for the pictures. Apparently Firefox was smart enough to know what I meant, but not IE. Because I tested it on Firefox only, I was miss-displaying my sales page to 90% of my potential customers. (I got those numbers from tracking numbers - seems most people have IE.) That is HUGE! If I never noticed that, then I would have never been able to figure out why my sales were so low. Not that I have sold anything since then anyways, but that surely was a big hurdle in my way. So make sure you test on every browser you can and perhaps on multiple versions if possible just in case.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home