The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Garage Sales Again

I managed to haul my butt out of bed for the third straight Saturday. I don't even know who I am anymore. That isn't like me. I usually need my beauty sleep. I guess I've become motivated about this challenge again and I want to be successful. I havn't heard of anyone yet who's actually made it to the million so maybe I can be the first! I only had an hour at the garage sales since my nephew is having his first birthday party today so I had to be out there bright and early, right at 8AM. I was looking at a couple of air conditioners. They were asking $50 for some old one and $100 for a new one. I might have made some money on them, but I wasn' t sure so I passed them by. I did end up picking up a VCR for $2, which I am sure I can sell for more considering I have already sold VCRs for $10 and $20. The other thing I bought is more of an experiment. I bought some really old walkie talkies. They each take 10 (yes - TEN) AA batteries, which is insane. The antenna is unbelievably long at about 1 meter. They are really old so I figured there was a chance that someone might want to buy them as a blast from the past. They only cost me a $1 so if they're a dud then so be it. There was a part of me that thought no one is going to want Walkie Talkies that take TEN batteries. After I bought the Walkie Talkie's I headed over to another garage sale where I was acosted by a crazy lady. First she started talking about her cat and how he liked the chair she was selling. Fine... but then she asked me if I wanted some weed wackers that didn't work (3 of them) and that it takes a mechanical mind to fix them... and that she tried fixing them herself, but her friend called her and interrupted her... or maybe she should turn them into modern art and become famous and move to California (not making this part up - this is what she said). She went on and on and on. THEN she said I should buy some shorts that SHE used to own and that they would look great on me. She held them up to me and said I could try them on behind her bush and that she'd block others from looking. Seriously! I had to get out of there. Luckily someone else got her attention so I bolted. She was CRAZY! She killed 15 minutes of my hour so I'll have to watch out for time wasters in the future. Time is money Lady!

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home