The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Opened a Double Challenge Bank account!

I decided to go out and get a bank account exclusively for the Double Challenge. Actually, I took out three of them. I was going to take out one, but I wanted a high interest savings account so I could make the most amount of money (yes, yes - a savings account does not give you the most amount of money, but I mean the most from a bank account for now) The bank I like has a policy that if you want to withdrawl from your savings account, it takes one business day. Usually, you would transfer the money from your savings into your chequing for the next day - at that point you can withdrawl it. So I needed two to do that. BUT they also have two types of Savings accounts. One where if you have any amount of money you get a decent interest rate, and one where it is really crappy under $1,000, but really really good if it's over $1,000. So I figured I should get both of these because in the future I may have more than $1,000 in the bank. I deposited $300 and decided to hang on to the rest for now so I'd have some on hand in case a good deal came my way. Finally, I will at least be making some interest on this money I have made and it won't just be sitting in my sock drawer.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home