The Double Challenge

The Experiment: Find a penny, and find a way to double it. Then keep on doubling until I have enough money to pay off my mortgage.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sold the Windows NT Workstation CD

My Copy of Windows NT Workstation sold for $6, which is sort of low for the ones that I can see that have sold on ebay, although some seem to not have sold at all. Probably what hurt me is the fact that my ebay account is not 'verified', which means I can only ship to Canada. Since the States has 10 times the population, this is 10/11 of the population I cut out. Not very good. I have learned my lesson and will make sure I am verified before my next ebay auction. The other thing I did that was dumb was assuming that $7 would cover the shipping since it was in Canada. Turns out that Expresspost costs $8.28 so I cut into my bottom line by 20%. Not very smart. Mental note - if you are going to charge a flat rate for shipping, you should make sure it will cover the maximum you'll have to pay. I didn't even cover the minimum. So in the end, I sold it for $6(auction)+$7(shipping charged to customer)-$8.28 (shipping charged to me)-$0.68(paypal)=$4.04 A lot of work for not much gain - but every bit helps and I basically got paid to learn two lessons. I'll take it.

Flip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home